A 78-year-old visually impaired man and eighteen (18) others escaped death during a domestic fire outbreak in a house at Kwahu Mpraeso in the Eastern region.
According to the landlord, Andrews Opoku Asante the fire outbreak started around 9:30pm from one of the rooms but spread quickly to other rooms in the house.
He said traumatized occupants of the house including the 78-year-old visually impaired man managed to escape some through their windows.
Residents in the vicinity attempted dousing the fire for an hour as personnel of the Ghana Fire Service was reportedly failed to respond to their distress calls.
The Landlord said, residents dashed out to the office of Fire Service to personally inform them about the incident which the firefighters hastily responded to extinguish the blaze in the house.
No casualty was recorded but properties worth thousands of Ghana cedis were consumed by the inferno. About GH₵600 cash belonging to the visually impaired man and about Ghc400 being sales of a Taxi driver in the house were also burnt.
The fire is suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The Kwahu South District Operations Director Logah Kwasi Ibrahim said a delegation from the Assembly led by the District Chief Executive Emmanuel Ofori Atta Snr, and Officials of the National Disaster Management Organization have meanwhile visited the scene and donated some relief items.
Source: Mybrytfmonline/Obed Ansah