A six-year-old boy has been allegedly electrocuted at Anwomaso suburb of Kumasi in the Ashanti Region.
Maxwell Kwaku Tawiah is said to have been electrocuted while playing with his friends with the base of a metal pole of an outdoor television antenna connected to naked wires.
The incident occurred at about 4 p.m May 27, 2020.
A woman in a nearby house who was attracted to the scene by the cry of the boy also received electric shocks when she attempted to rescue the deceased.
He was, however, pronounced dead on arrival at the Kumasi South Hospital whilst on referral there from a local clinic.
This is the second time in a month that the Ackons have lost a child under strange circumstances.
Both children share the same birth month of April.
The couple’s 2-week-old son was first to die on April 27, 2020, a few minutes after his mother left him in the care of his father.
“When police arrived to pick the body, they requested we visit the scene. We realised a naked wire connecting the antenna had come into contact with the roofing sheets of the building. My son was actually electrocuted.
“The metal pole had electric power in it even when my brother tested it,” Kofi Ackon, father explained.