The Academic Board at its One Hundred and Sixtieth (160th) Emergency Meeting held on Monday 16th March, 2020 announces as follows:
- In line with the directive from the President in a nationwide address on Sunday, 15th March, 2020, the University has been closed down from Monday 16th March 2020 until further notice.
- All students are expected to leave campus by close of work today, 16th March, 2020. However, non-tertiary students preparing to write external examinations will be allowed to stay.
- Final year (B.Tech/HND) students writing their project work should communicate with their supervisors with any acceptable online medium .
- All members of staff will report for work from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm with effect from Tuesday, 17th March, 2020 until further notice.
- Management will provide hand sanitizers for all offices. Members of staff are encouraged to regularly wash their hands with soap under running water.
- Foreign students who have still not reported for school are to stay in their home countries.
- All official foreign travels have been banned until further notice.
- All entry points to the University will be closed except for the main entrance.
- A Committee chaired by the Pro Vice Chancellor has been put in place to work in collaboration with the Regional Health Directorate for the proper protocols to be observed by staff.
- A hotline will be provided for staff to access the needed information on Covid- 19.
- Good hand washing methods should be adopted.
- There is a ban on all gatherings in the University.
- Adopt social distancing protocols.
- Drink more water, eat more fruits/vegetables to strengthen the immune system.
- Spread calm not fear.
A. Mensah-Livingstone (Dr)